Codes and Frequencies
For sample adults who had seen a practitioner for a therapeutic movement technique during the past 12 months (MOVALEXYR, MOVFELDYR, MOVPILAT, or MOVTRAG) and had told a conventional medical professional about their use of a therapeutic movement technique (MOVLCONVHP), MOVLDENT indicates whether they had reported their use of a therapeutic movement technique to a dentist or dental specialist.
In both 2002 and 2007, interviewers asked, "During the past 12 months, did you let any of these conventional medical professionals know about your use of a therapeutic movement technique?" and handed the respondent a card listing several types of conventional health care practitioners. If the answer was affirmative (i.e., a "Yes" response in MOVLCONVP), interviewers asked the follow-up question, "Which ones [did you tell]?" and noted, "You may choose more than one."
In both 2002 and 2007, the list of conventional medical professionals included, along with "dentist (including specialists)":
- Medical doctor (including specialists) (MOVLMD)
- Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant (MOVLNURS)
- Psychiatrist (MOVLPSYCHI)
In 2007, the list included additional categories of conventional medical professionals:
- Doctor of Osteopathy (D.O.) (MOVLDO)
- Psychologist/Social Worker (MOVLPSYCHO)
- Pharmacist (MOVLPHARM)
For more information about the full range of variables related to a therapeutic movement technique, including definitions, see MOVALEXYR.
- 2007: Sample adults age 18+ who have seen a practitioner for movement technique during the past 12 months and have let a conventional medical professional know about their use of movement technique.
- 2007 : SAMPWEIGHT