Codes and Frequencies
For sample adults who had received counseling (MOVCOUN) for the condition they used a movement technique for the most (MOVTCONMOST), MOVCOUNTIM indicates whether they received mental health counseling before, at about the same time, or after trying a movement technique.
Similar information was collected on the use of other conventional medical treatments, and the timing of those conventional treatments, in the following variables:
- Received prescription medications (MOVPMED)
- Timing of prescription medications (MOVPMEDTIM
- Received over-the-counter medications (MOVNPMED)
- Timing of over-the-counter medications (MOVNPMEDTIM
- Received physical therapy (MOVPT)
- Timing of physical therapy (MOVPTTIM
- Received surgery (MOVSURG)
- Timing of surgery (MOVSURGTIM
To collect this information, interviewers asked, "Did you receive any of these conventional medical treatments for [condition for which the movement technique was used the most]?" and entered all treatments reported by the respondent. For each treatment reported, interviewers asked whether such treatment was received before, at about the same time, or after trying a movement technique.
For more information about the full range of variables related to movement techniques, including definitions, see MOVALEXYR.
- 2007: Sample adults age 18+ who received mental health counseling for the condition they used movement technique for the most.
- 2007 : SAMPWEIGHT