Codes and Frequencies
For sample adults in 2007 who had seen a practitioner for herbal medicines during the past 12 months (HERPRACYR), HERPRACNO reports how many times the respondent had seen such a practitioner during the past year.
Response categories for HERPRACNO report the number of visits to a practitioner in grouped intervals, ranging from "Only one time" to "More than 20 times." Those who had seen a practitioner for herbal medicines were also asked the average out-of-pocket expense for each visit to such a practitioner (HERPRACPAY).
Variables similar to HERPRACNO, which report the number of visits to a practitioner of alternative medicine, are available for some other alternative health modalities.
- Acupuncture (ACUNO)
- Ayurveda (AYUNO)
- Biofeedback (BIONO)
- Chelation (CHENO)
- Chiropractic or osteopathic manipulation (COMNO)
- Special diets (DITPRACNO)
- Energy healing therapy (EHTNO)
- Folk medicine (FOKNO)
- Homeopathic treatment (HOMPRACNO)
- Hypnosis (HYPNO)
- Massage (MASNO)
- Movement techniques (MOVNO)
- Naturopathy (NATNO)
- Relaxation techniques (RELCLASSNO)
- Yoga, Tai chi, or Qi gong (YTQCLASSNO)
For more information on the full range of variables related to herbal supplements, including definitions, see HERYR.
- 2007: Sample adults age 18+ who have seen a practitioner for herbal medicines during the past 12 months.
- 2012: Sample adults age 18+ and sample children ages 4-17 who have seen a practitioner for herbal herbs or non-vitamin supplements during the past 12 months.
- 2007, 2012