Codes and Frequencies
For sample adults in 2007 who had taken a class for yoga, Tai chi, or Qi gong during the past 12 months (YTQYOGYR, YTQTAIYR, or YTQIGYR), YTQCLASSNO reports how many times the respondent had taken such a class during the past year.
Response categories for YTQCLASSNO report the number of visits to a practitioner in grouped intervals, ranging from "2 - 11 times a year" to "Daily". Those who had taken a class for yoga, Tai chi, or Qi gong were also asked what the average out-of-pocket expense for each class had been (YTQCLASSPAY).
Variables similar to YTQCLASSNO, which report the number of visits to a practitioner of alternative medicine, are available for the following alternative health modalities:
- Acupuncture (ACUNO)
- Ayurveda (AYUNO)
- Biofeedback (BIONO)
- Chelation (CHENO)
- Chiropractic or osteopathic manipulation (COMNO)
- Special diets (DITPRACNO)
- Energy healing therapy (EHTNO)
- Folk medicine (FOKNO)
- Homeopathic treatment (HOMPRACNO)
- Hypnosis (HYPNO)
- Massage (MASNO)
- Movement techniques (MOVNO)
- Naturopathy (NATNO)
- Relaxation techniques (RELCLASSNO)
- Herbal medicines (HERPRACNO)
For more information on the full range of variables related to yoga, Tai chi, and Qi gong, including definitions, see YTQYOGYR.
- 2007: Sample adults age 18+ who have taken a class for yoga, tai chi, or qi gong during the past 12 months.
- 2007 : SAMPWEIGHT