Codes and Frequencies
For sample adults in 2007 who had ever used natural herbs (HEREV) but had not done so in the past 30 days (HERMO), HERNOMTHINK identifies those who responded, "Never thought about it" when asked, "Please tell me the reasons why you have not used any of these natural herbs in the past 30 days." Respondents could supply more than one reason for not using natural herbs in the past month.
Other reasons for not using natural herbs in the past month are recorded in the following variables:
- HERNOMCOST (Too expensive)
- HERNOMHC (Health care worker said not to)
- HERNOMNEED (Not needed)
- HERNOMPROOF (Not proven to work)
- HERNOMSIDE (Side effects)
- HERNOMWORK (Not work before)
- HERNOMREAS (No reason)
- HERNOMOTH (Some other reason)
Although both herbal and vitamin supplements were covered in the 2007 NHIS, only in the case of herbs were survey participants asked why they had not used such supplements in the past 30 days.
For more information about the full range of variables related to natural herbs, including a definition of the term "natural herbs," see HERYR and HERMO.
- 2007: Sample adults age 18+ who have not used natural herbs in the past 30 days.
- 2007 : SAMPWEIGHT