Codes and Frequencies
For sample adults who had seen a practitioner for energy healing therapy during the past 12 months (EHTYR) and had used energy healing therapy for a specific health problem or condition (EHTTREAT), EHTUSINTER indicates whether they had used energy healing therapy because "you thought it would be interesting to try."
Other reasons for using energy healing therapy that were recorded by the survey, and the associated IPUMS NHIS variables, are:
- EHTUSHCREC (Health care provider recommended)
- EHTUSENERGY (Enhanced energy)
- EHTUSIMMUN (Improved immune function)
- EHTUSMEDCOST (Medical treatments expensive)
- EHTUSMEDFAIL (Medical treatment not help)
- EHTUSCOMBO (Helps combined w. conventional med)
- EHTUSRELREC (Friends or family recommended)
- EHTUSWELL (General wellness)
For information about the full range of variables related to energy healing therapy, including definitions, see EHTYR.
- 2002: Sample adults age 18+ who have seen a practitioner for energy healing therapy during the past 12 months and have used energy healing therapy for a specific health problem or condition.
- 2002 : SAMPWEIGHT