Codes and Frequencies
For sample adults in 2007 who had seen a practitioner for a special diet during the past 12 months (DITPRACYR), DITPRACOTH indicates whether the practitioner seen was some "Other" type of practitioner. For DITPRACOTH, "Other" means that the practitioner was not a medical doctor, nurse, dietician/nutritionist, or alternate provider (acupuncturist, chiropractor, massage therapist, naturopath, etc.).
The survey question for DITPRACYR, which immediately preceded the question for DITPRACOTH, asked whether the respondent had seen a practitioner in the past year for the diet he/she had used most (DITMOST). Respondents with a "Yes" response in DITPRACYR were then asked, "What type of practitioner did you see?" Interviewers were instructed, "Enter all that apply."
The specific types of practitioners that respondents could report using, and which provide the reference points by which to interpret the meaning of "Other" for DITPRACOTH, are:
- DITPRACALT (Alternate provider)
- DITPRACMD (Medical doctor)
- DITPRACNUT (Dietician or nutritionist)
- DITPRACRN (Nurse)
Respondents who had seen a practitioner for special diets in the past year (DITPRACYR) were also asked these follow-up questions:
- Number of times saw practitioner for special diet (DITPRACNO)
- Amount paid per visit to practitioner for special diet (dollars) (DITPRACPAY)
For more information on the full range of variables related to special diets, including definitions, see DITATKINYR.
- 2007: Sample adults age 18+ who have seen a practitioner for a special diet during the past 12 months.
- 2007 : SAMPWEIGHT