Codes and Frequencies
For sample children aged 4 to 17 who had at least minor difficulties with emotions, concentration, behavior or being able to get along with others in the past 6 months (EMODIFFYN, EMODIFF), and who received treatment or counseling in a hospital emergency room, crisis center, or emergency shelter (DIFTER), DIFTERRELIG indicates a religious or spiritual counselor or advisor provided the treatment or counseling.
Other personnel providing treatment or counseling in a hospital emergency room, crisis center, or emergency shelter mentioned are:
- School counselor, school nurse, or school social worker (DIFTERCOUN)
- Speech, occupational, or physical therapist (DIFTERTHER)
- Psychiatrist, psychologist, clinical social worker, psychiatric nurse (DIFTERMHPROF)
- Pediatrician or family doctor
- Acupuncturist, massage therapist, chiropractor (DIFTERCAM)
- Probation or juvenile corrections officer or court counselor (DIFTERCOURT)
- Other source
Beginning in 2011, the school counselor, school nurse, or school social worker (DIFTERCOUN) and the acupuncturist, massage therapist, or chiropractor (DIFTERCAM) were no longer offered as response categories.
- 2010-2013: Sample children age 4 to 17 who received counseling at hospital, ER, crisis center, or shelter.
- 2010-2013 : SAMPWEIGHT