Codes and Frequencies
For sample children aged 4 to 17 who had at least minor difficulties with emotions, concentration, behavior or being able to get along with others in the past 6 months (EMODIFF), and who received treatment or counseling in a hospital emergency room, crisis center, or emergency shelter (DIFTER), DIFTEROTHER indicates another source provided the treatment or counseling.
Other personnel providing treatment or counseling in a hospital emergency room, crisis center, or emergency shelter mentioned are:
- School counselor, school nurse, or school social worker (DIFTERCOUN)
- Speech, occupational, or physical therapist (DIFTERTHER)
- Psychiatrist, psychologist, clinical social worker, psychiatric nurse (DIFTERMHPROF)
- Pediatrician or family doctor
- Acupuncturist, massage therapist, chiropractor (DIFTERCAM)
- Religious or spiritual counselor or advisor
- Probation or juvenile corrections officer or court counselor (DIFTERCOURT)
Beginning in 2011, the school counselor, school nurse, or school social worker (DIFTERCOUN) and an acupuncturist, massage therapist, or chiropractor (DIFTERCAM) were no longer available as response categories for the question "Who provided the treatment or counseling". This indicates DIFTEROTHER may include different providers compared to that in 2010. Otherwise there are no comparability issues.
- 2010-2013: Sample children age 4 to 17 who received counseling at hospital, ER, crisis center, or shelter.
- 2010-2013 : SAMPWEIGHT