Codes and Frequencies
For female sample adults, CRVTSTEV indicates whether they ever had a test to check for cervical cancer. The question text leads by stating, "There are two different kinds of tests to check for cervical cancer. One is a Pap smear or Pap test and the other is the HPV or Human Papillomavirus test." If necessary, the following text was also read: "These are routine tests for women in which a doctor or other health professional takes a sample from the cervix with a swab or brush and sends it to the lab."
CRVTSTEV opens a series of questions about cervical cancer screening tests:
- CRVTSTWHN: Time since most recent cervical cancer test
- CRVTSTY: Reason for cervical cancer test
- CRVTSTPAP: Had Pap test at most recent cervical cancer screening
- CRVTSTHPV: Had HPV test at most recent cervical cancer screening
- CRVTSTAB: Cervical cancer test in past 5 years had abnormal results
- CRVTSTNOT: Main reason did not have cervical cancer test
Prior to 2019, the questions about cervical cancer screening focused almost exclusively on Pap smear or Pap tests. Please see PAPEV for more information.
- 2019: Female sample adults age 18+.
- 2019 : SAMPWEIGHT