Codes and Frequencies
For sample females who have ever had a breast exam, BXLNO reports the number of time units since the person's last breast exam. BXLNO should be used in conjunction with (BREXAMTP), which reports the corresponding time period (e.g., days, weeks, months, or years).
- BXLTPR: the estimated time period the most recent breast exam
- 1987: Half of female sample persons age 40+ (excluded from CAEP supplement) who have ever heard of a breast physical exam and have ever had a breast physical exam but didn't know last month and year of last exam.
- 1992: Half of sample persons in quarters 1 and 2, and in 2 weeks of quarter 3 (excluded from CAEP supplement) who are female, age 30+, and have ever had a breast exam and month and year of last exam are unknown.
- 1999: Female sample adults age 18+ who ever had a breast exam.
- 2000; 2005; 2010; 2015: Female sample adults age 30+ who ever had a breast exam and answered in number and time period format.
- 1987, 1992, 1999-2000, 2005, 2010, 2015
- 1987, 1992, 1999-2000, 2005, 2010, 2015 : SAMPWEIGHT