Codes and Frequencies
For sample females who have ever had a breast exam, BREXAMTP reports the time period since their last breast exam (e.g., days, weeks, months, or years). BREXAMTP should be used in conjunction with (BXLNO), which reports the corresponding frequency or number of time units since the respondent's last breast exam.
BREXAMTP was first introduced as part of a supplement on cancer control.
- 1987: Half of female sample persons age 40+ (excluded from CAEP supplement) who have ever heard of breast physical exam and have ever had a breast physical exam but didn't know month and year of last exam.
- 1992: Half of sample persons in quarters 1 and 2, and in 2 weeks of quarter 3 (excluded from CAEP supplement) who are female, age 30+, and have ever had a breast exam and month and year of last exam are unknown.
- 1999: Female sample adults age 18+ who ever had a breast exam.
- 2000; 2005; 2010; 2015: Female sample adults age 30+ who ever had a breast exam and answered in number and time period format.
- 1987, 1992, 1999-2000, 2005, 2010, 2015
- 1987, 1992, 1999-2000, 2005, 2010, 2015 : SAMPWEIGHT