Codes and Frequencies
For sample adults who had seen a practitioner for biofeedback during the past 12 months (BIOYR) and had used biofeedback for a specific health problem or condition (BIOTREAT), BIOUSINTER indicates whether they had used biofeedback because "you thought it would be interesting to try."
Other reasons for using biofeedback that were recorded by the survey, and the associated IPUMS NHIS variables, are:
- BIOUSHCREC (Health care provider recommended)
- BIOUSENERGY (Enhanced energy)
- BIOUSWELL (General wellness)
- BIOUSMEDCOST (Medical treatments expensive)
- BIOUSMEDFAIL (Medical treatment not help)
- BIOUSCOMBO (Helps combined w. conventional med)
- BIOUSIMMUN (Improved immune function)
- BIOUSRELREC (Family or friends recommended)
For information about the full range of variables related to biofeedback, including definitions, see BIOYR.
- 2002: Sample adults age 18+ who have seen a practitioner for biofeedback during the past 12 months and have used biofeedback to treat a specific health problem or condition.
- 2002 : SAMPWEIGHT