Codes and Frequencies
For sample adults who had received surgery (BIOSURG) for the condition they used biofeedback for the most (BIOTCONMOST), BIOSURGTIM indicates whether they received surgery before, at about the same time, or after trying biofeedback.
Similar information was collected on the use of other conventional medical treatments, and the timing of those conventional treatments, in the following variables:
- Received mental health counseling (BIOCOUN)
- Timing of mental health counseling (BIOCOUNTIM
- Received prescription medications (BIOPMED)
- Timing of prescription medications (BIOPMEDTIM
- Received over-the-counter medications (BIONPMED)
- Timing of over-the-counter medications (BIONPMEDTIM
- Received physical therapy (BIOPT)
- Timing of physical therapy (BIOPTTIM
To collect this information, interviewers asked, "Did you receive any of these conventional medical treatments for [condition for which biofeedback was used the most]?" and entered all treatments reported by the respondent. For each treatment reported, interviewers asked whether such treatment was received before, at about the same time, or after trying biofeedback.
For more information about the full range of variables related to biofeedback, including definitions, see BIOYR.
- 2007: Sample adults aged 18+ years who received surgery for the condition they used biofeedback for the most.
- 2007 : SAMPWEIGHT