Codes and Frequencies
For sample adults who had received physical therapy (AYUPT) for the condition they used ayurveda for the most (AYUTCONMOST), AYUPTTIM indicates whether they received physical therapy before, at about the same time, or after trying ayurveda.
Similar information was collected on the use of other conventional medical treatments, and the timing of those conventional treatments, in the following variables:
- Received mental health counseling (AYUCOUN)
- Timing of mental health counseling (AYUCOUNTIM
- Received prescription medications (AYUPMED)
- Timing of prescription medications (AYUPMEDTIM
- Received over-the-counter medications (AYUNPMED)
- Timing of over-the-counter medications (AYUNPMEDTIM
- Received surgery (AYUSURG)
- Timing of surgery (AYUSURGTIM
To collect this information, interviewers asked, "Did you receive any of these conventional medical treatments for [condition for which ayurveda was used the most]?" and entered all treatments reported by the respondent. For each treatment reported, interviewers asked whether such treatment was received before, at about the same time, or after trying ayurveda.
For more information about the full range of variables related to ayurveda, including definitions, see AYUYR.
- 2007: Sample adults age 18+ who received physical therapy for the condition they used ayurveda for the most.
- No weights are available for this variable. Please refer to AYUPTTIM for more information.