Codes and Frequencies
For sample adults who had seen a practitioner for ayurveda during the past 12 months (AYUYR) and who had used ayurveda for a specific health problem (AYUTREAT), AYUNOCONV identifies those who had received no conventional medical treatment for the condition for which they most used ayurveda (AYUTCONMOST).
The survey question for AYUNOCONV collected information about the use of specific conventional medical treatments for the condition for which ayurveda was used the most, if the person had received conventional medical treatment. The specific treatments asked about were:
- Mental health counseling (AYUCOUN)
- Prescription medications (AYUPMED)
- Over-the-counter medications (AYUNPMED)
- Physical therapy (AYUPT)
- Surgery (AYUSURG)
Interviewers asked, "Did you receive any of these conventional medical treatments for [condition for which ayurveda was used the most]?" and entered all treatments reported by the respondent.
For more information about the full range of variables related to ayurveda, including definitions, see AYUYR.
- 2007: Sample adults age 18+ who have seen a practitioner for ayurveda during the past 12 months and have used ayurveda for a specific health problem or condition.
- No weights are available for this variable. Please refer to AYUNOCONV for more information.