Codes and Frequencies
ALCDAYS2WK reports how many days in the past two weeks the sample adult drank any alcoholic beverages, such as beer, wine, or liquor.
ALCDAYS2WK was part of the Health Promotion and Disease Prevention supplement for 1985 forward, and the 1988 Alcohol supplement. For related variables, please use the IPUMS NHIS search function and drop-down menus.
- 1983: Sample persons ages 18+ who have had twelve drinks in any year of their life and had at least one drink in the past year.
- 1985; 1990: Sample persons age 18+ who ever drank 12 alcoholic drinks in entire life, ever drank 12 drinks in any 1 year, and had at least one alcoholic drink in the past year.
- 1988: Sample adults age 18+ who are current drinkers
- 1991: Sample persons age 18+ who have had at least one drink of alcohol in the past year
- 1983, 1985, 1988, 1990-1991