Codes and Frequencies
For sample adults who had never used yoga (YTQYOGAEV), YTQNEVREAS identifies those who responded, "No reason" when asked, "Please tell me the reasons why you have never used yoga." Respondents could supply more than one reason for never using yoga.
Other reasons for never using yoga are recorded in the following variables:
- YTQNEVCOST (Too expensive)
- YTQNEVHC (HC worker said not to)
- YTQNEVKNOW (Didn't know about it)
- YTQNEVNEED (Not needed)
- YTQNEVPROOF (Not proven to work)
- YTQNEVSAFE (Not safe)
- YTQNEVTHINK (Never thought of it)
- YTQNEVWORK (Doesn't work)
- YTQNEVOTH (Some other reason)
Although 16 alternative health modalities were covered in the 2007 alternative health supplement, only in the case of acupuncture (see ACUNEVCOST), chiropractic and osteopathic manipulation (see COMNEVCOST), meditation (see RELNEVCOST), and yoga were survey participants who had ever used a method questioned about why they had ever used the method.
For more information about the full range of variables related yoga, including definitions, see YTQYOGYR.
- 2007: Sample adults age 18+ who have never practiced yoga.
- 2007 : SAMPWEIGHT