Codes and Frequencies
For sample adults who are married (MARSTCOHAB), SPOUSESEX indicates whether the sample adult's spouse is male or female. The following information is gathered for the sample adult's spouse:
- SPOUSAGE: Age of sample adult's spouse
- SPOUSEDUC: Education level of sample adult's spouse
- SPOUSWRK: Sample adult's spouse works for pay at a job or business
- SPOUSWKFT: Sample adult's spouse works full time
According to the 2020 Survey Description, for some variables, including SPOUSESEX, the 2020 responses of sample adults that were part of the 2020 longitudinal sample were overwritten with their 2019 responses "to mitigate disclosure risks associated with differences in response from repeated measures among the same Sample Adults" (33). The sample adults' actual 2020 responses can be accessed through a Research Data Center (RDC). For more information on the 2020 longitudinal sample, please see SALNGPRTFLG.
- 2019-2021: Sample adults age 18+ who are currently married (MARSTCOHAB) and their spouse has a person number that is not zero or blank.
- 2019-2021 : SAMPWEIGHT