Codes and Frequencies
For sample adults who are married (MARSTCOHAB), SPOUSEDUC indicates educational attainment of the sample adult's spouse. The following information is gathered for the sample adult's spouse:
- SPOUSAGE: Age of sample adult's spouse
- SPOUSESEX: Sex of sample adult's spouse
- SPOUSWRK: Sample adult's spouse works for pay at a job or business
- SPOUSWKFT: Sample adult's spouse works full time
According to the 2020 Survey Description, for some variables, including SPOUSEDUC, the 2020 responses of sample adults that were part of the 2020 longitudinal sample were overwritten with their 2019 responses "to mitigate disclosure risks associated with differences in response from repeated measures among the same Sample Adults" (33). The sample adults' actual 2020 responses can be accessed through a Research Data Center (RDC). For more information on the 2020 longitudinal sample, please see SALNGPRTFLG.
PRTNRSEX and PRTNRAGE report the sex and age of the sample adult's unmarried partner, respectively.
- 2019-2021: Sample adults age 18+ who are currently married (MARSTCOHAB) and their spouse has a person number that is not zero or blank.
- 2019-2021 : SAMPWEIGHT