Codes and Frequencies
For sample adults and sample children in 2007 who had used at least one relaxation technique (see below) during the past 12 months, RELNO reports how many of the 6 specified relaxation techniques the sample person had used during the past 12 months.
RELNO is a summary variable that reports a sample person's number of "Yes" responses (ranging from 1 to 6) to the above relaxation technique variables.
Interviewers asked whether sample adults and sample children had used any of the following relaxation techniques during the past year:
- Deep breathing exercises (RELBRETHYR)
- Guided imagery (RELGIMYR)
- Meditation (RELMEDYR)
- Progressive relaxation (RELRELAXYR)
- Stress management class (RELSTRESYR)
- Support group meeting (RELSUPYR)
For more information on the full range of variables related to relaxation techniques, including definitions, see RELMEDYR.
- 2007: Sample adults age 18+ and sample children under 18 who used at least one relaxation technique during the past 12 months.
- 2012: Sample adults age 18+ and sample children ages 417 who used at least one relaxation technique during the past 12 months.
- 2007, 2012