Codes and Frequencies
For sample adults and sample children without a usual place of care (USUALPL =1), NOUSLYDELAY indicates the reason why the person did not have a usual source of medical care was that he or she put it off or didn't get around to it.
Other reasons mentioned are:
- Doesn't need a doctor or haven't has problems
- Doesn't like, trust or believe in doctors
- Doesn't know where to go
- Previous doctor is not available or moved
- Speak a different language
- No care available or too far away or not convenient
- Too expensive or no insurance
- Other reason
This variable can be used to monitor the effects of the Affordable Care Act (ACA).
- 2011-2014: Sample adults age 18+ and sample children under 18 without a usual place of care.
- 2011-2014 : SAMPWEIGHT