Codes and Frequencies
For sample females who have ever had a non-cancerous lump removed (LUMPEV), LUMPNO reports the total number of non-cancerous lumps removed. Please see Comparability and Universe tabs for changes in universe between samples.
Changes in question design limit comparability of LUMPNO over time. In addition to changes in the universe, the question for 2000 and 2005 asked about operation(s) to remove a lump, whereas in 2010 and 2015, the question refers to a biopsy, or removal of a sample of a lump. See the Universe tab for more details.
- 1987: Half of female sample persons age 18+ (excluded from CACT) who ever had an operation to remove noncancerous lump from breast.
- 2000; 2005: Female sample adults 30+ who ever had lumpectomy.
- 2010; 2015: Female sample adults 30+ who have had a lump removed from their breast that was not cancerous.
- 1987, 2000, 2005, 2010, 2015
- 1987, 2000, 2005, 2010, 2015 : SAMPWEIGHT