Codes and Frequencies
For sample adults who had used homeopathic treatment during the past 12 months (HOMYR) and had told a conventional medical professional about their use of homeopathic treatment (HOMLCONVHP), HOMLDENT indicates whether they had reported their use of homeopathic treatment to a dentist or dental specialist.
In both 2002 and 2007, interviewers asked, "During the past 12 months, did you let any of these conventional medical professionals know about your use of homeopathic treatment?" and handed the respondent a card listing several types of conventional health care practitioners. If the answer was affirmative (i.e., a "Yes" response in HOMLCONVP), interviewers asked the follow-up question, "Which ones [did you tell]?" and noted, "You may choose more than one."
In both 2002 and 2007, the list of conventional medical professionals included, along with "dentist (including specialists)":
- Medical doctor (including specialists) (HOMLMD)
- Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant (HOMLNURS)
- Psychiatrist (HOMLPSYCHI)
In 2007, the list included additional categories of conventional medical professionals:
- Doctor of Osteopathy (D.O.) (HOMLDO)
- Psychologist/Social Worker (HOMLPSYCHO)
- Pharmacist (HOMLPHARM)
For more information about the full range of variables related to homeopathic treatment, including definitions, see HOMYR.
- 2002; 2007: Sample adults age 18+ who have used homeopathic treatment during the past 12 months and have let a conventional medical professional know about their use of homeopathic treatment.
- 2002, 2007
- 2002, 2007 : SAMPWEIGHT