Codes and Frequencies
For sample adults who had received physical therapy (DITPT) for the condition they used a special diet for the most (DITTCONMOST), DITPTTIM indicates whether they received physical therapy before, at about the same time, or after trying the special diet.
Similar information was collected on the use of other conventional medical treatments, and the timing of those conventional treatments, in the following variables:
- Received mental health counseling (DITCOUN)
- Timing of mental health counseling (DITCOUNTIM
- Received prescription medications (DITPMED)
- Timing of prescription medications (DITPMEDTIM
- Received over-the-counter medications (DITNPMED)
- Timing of over-the-counter medications (DITNPMEDTIM
- Received surgery (DITSURG)
- Timing of surgery (DITSURGTIM
To collect this information, interviewers asked, "Did you receive any of these conventional medical treatments for [condition for which the special diet was used the most]?" and entered all treatments reported by the respondent. For each treatment reported, interviewers asked whether such treatment was received before, at about the same time, or after trying the special diet.
For more information about the full range of variables related to special diets, including definitions, see DITATKINYR.
- 2007: Sample adults age 18+ who have received physical therapy for the condition they used a special diet for the most.
- 2007 : SAMPWEIGHT