Codes and Frequencies
For sample adults who had received prescription medications (DITPMED) for the condition they used a special diet for the most (DITTCONMOST), DITPMEDTIM indicates whether they received prescription medications before, at about the same time, or after trying a special diet.
Similar information was collected on the use of other conventional medical treatments, and the timing of those conventional treatments, in the following variables:
- Received mental health counseling (DITCOUN)
- Timing of mental health counseling (DITCOUNTIM
- Received over-the-counter medications (DITNPMED)
- Timing of over-the-counter medications (DITNPMEDTIM
- Received physical therapy (DITPT)
- Timing of physical therapy (DITPTTIM
- Received surgery (DITSURG)
- Timing of surgery (DITSURGTIM
To collect this information, interviewers asked, "Did you receive any of these conventional medical treatments for [condition for which the special diet was used the most]?" and entered all treatments reported by the respondent. For each treatment reported, interviewers asked whether such treatment was received before, at about the same time, or after trying a special diet.
For more information about the full range of variables related to special diets, including definitions, see DITATKINYR.
- 2007: Sample adults age 18+ who have received prescription medications for the condition they used a special diet for the most.
- 2007 : SAMPWEIGHT