Codes and Frequencies
For sample children aged 4 to 17 who had at least minor difficulties with emotions, concentration, behavior or being able to get along with others in the past 6 months (EMODIFF), and who received treatment or counseling at home (DIFTHOM), DIFTHOMTHER indicates a speech, occupational, or physical therapist provided the treatment or counseling.
Other personnel providing treatment or counseling at home mentioned are:
- School counselor, school nurse, or school social worker (DIFTHOMCOUN)
- Psychiatrist, psychologist, clinical social worker, psychiatric nurse (DIFTHOMMHPROF)
- Pediatrician or family doctor
- Acupuncturist, massage therapist, chiropractor (DIFTHOMCAM)
- Religious or spiritual counselor or advisor
- Probation or juvenile corrections officer or court counselor (DIFTHOMCOURT)
- Other source
Beginning in 2011, the school counselor, school nurse, or school social worker (DIFTHOMCOUN) and the acupuncturist, massage therapist, or chiropractor (DIFTHOMCAM) were no longer offered as response categories.
- 2010-2013: Sample children age 4 to 17 who received counseling at home from visiting teacher or counselor.
- 2010-2013 : SAMPWEIGHT