Codes and Frequencies
For sample children aged 4 to 17 who had at least minor difficulties with emotions, concentration, behavior or being able to get along with others in the past 6 months (EMODIFF), and who received treatment or counseling at home (DIFTHOM), DIFTHOMMHPROF indicates a psychiatrist, psychologist, clinical social worker, psychiatric nurse provided the treatment or counseling.
Other personnel providing treatment or counseling at home mentioned are:
- School counselor, school nurse, or school social worker (DIFTHOMCOUN)
- Speech, occupational, or physical therapist (DIFTHOMTHER)
- Pediatrician or family doctor
- Acupuncturist, massage therapist, chiropractor (DIFTHOMCAM)
- Religious or spiritual counselor or advisor
- Probation or juvenile corrections officer or court counselor (DIFTHOMCOURT)
- Other source
Beginning in 2011, the school counselor, school nurse, or school social worker (DIFTHOMCOUN) and the acupuncturist, massage therapist, or chiropractor (DIFTHOMCAM) were no longer offered as response categories.
Beginning in 2011, children with an affirmative response to DIFTHOMMHPROF, the interviewer inquired about the specific mental health professional providing treatment or counseling, distinguishing between: psychiatrist (DIFTHOMPSYCHI), psychologist (DIFTHOMPSYCHO), clinical social worker (DIFTHOMSOCIAL), and psychiatric nurse (DIFTHOMNURSE).
- 2010-2013: Sample children age 4 to 17 who received counseling at home from visiting teacher or counselor.
- 2010-2013 : SAMPWEIGHT