Codes and Frequencies
For sample adults who had received over-the-counter medications (CHENPMED) for the condition they used chelation therapy for the most (CHETCONMOST), CHENPMEDTIM indicates whether they received non-prescription medications before, at about the same time, or after trying chelation therapy.
Similar information was collected on the use of other conventional medical treatments, and the timing of those conventional treatments, in the following variables:
- Received mental health counseling (CHECOUN)
- Timing of mental health counseling (CHECOUNTIM
- Received prescription medications (CHEPMED)
- Timing of prescription medications (CHEPMEDTIM
- Received physical therapy (CHEPT)
- Timing of physical therapy (CHEPTTIM
- Received surgery (CHESURG)
- Timing of surgery (CHESURGTIM
To collect this information, interviewers asked, "Did you receive any of these conventional medical treatments for [condition for which chelation therapy was used the most]?" and entered all treatments reported by the respondent. For each treatment reported, interviewers asked whether such treatment was received before, at about the same time, or after trying chelation therapy.
For more information about the full range of variables related to chelation therapy, including definitions, see CHEYR.
- 2007: Sample adults age 18+ who received over the counter medications for the condition they used chelation therapy for the most.
- 2007 : SAMPWEIGHT