Codes and Frequencies
For sample persons age 17 to 64 who gave or sold blood to a blood bank, hospital, Red Cross, or anywhere else during the past 12 months (BLOODGAVYR) or whose blood donation status is unknown, BLOODUNPD indicates that the last time the sample person gave blood was for some other unpaid blood donation which was not for replacement and did not assure free blood for their family in the future.
The field representative's manual states that this is one of a set of multiple responses to the question determining what the sample person's reasons were to give or sell blood. It also states that if more than one donation was reported, the reasons for each individual blood donation were determined separately.
The other possible responses were:
- (BLOODSOLDNO) Number of times sold blood, past 12
- (BLOODBANKNO) Number of times donated to blood bank, past 12 months
- (BLOODREPLNO) Number of times replaced blood, past 12 months
- (BLOODOTHNO) Number of times gave blood for other reason, past 12 month
- (BLOODUNKNO) Number of times gave blood for an unknown reason, past 12 months
- 1978: Persons age 17 to 64 who gave or sold blood to a blood bank, hospital, Red Cross, or anywhere else during the past 12 months, or whose blood donation status is unknown.
- 1978 : PERWEIGHT