Codes and Frequencies
For sample persons age 17 and older who have given or sold blood at least 1 time during the past 12 months (BLOODGAVYNO), BLOODOTHNO reports the number of times in the past 12 months the sample person gave blood for some other reason than those listed.
The field representative's manual states that this is one of a set of multiple responses to the question determining what the sample person's reasons were to give or sell blood. It also states that if more than one donation was reported, the reasons for each individual blood donation were determined separately.
The other possible responses were:
- (BLOODSOLDNO) Number of times sold blood, past 12 months
- (BLOODREPLNO) Number of times replaced blood, past
- 12 months
- (BLOODBANKNO) Number of times donated blood to a blood bank, past 12 month
- (BLOODUNPDNO) Number of times made other unpaid blood donation, past 12 months
- (BLOODUNKNO) Number of times gave blood for unknown reason, past 12 months
- 1973: Persons age 17+ who have given or sold blood at least 1 time during the past 12 months.
- 1973 : PERWEIGHT