The next questions are about your surroundings at home, school, work, or the community, andCard A20
possible barriers that might limit or prevent your activities.
FR: SHOW FLASHCARD A20
By barriers we mean things such as building design, lighting, sound, household or workplace
equipment, crowds, sidewalks and curbs, transportation, attitudes of other people, and policies.
You may choose more than one
1. Building design (stairs, bathrooms, narrow or heavy doors)
2. Lighting (too dim to read, signs not lit, too bright, too distracting)
3. Sound (background noise, inadequate sound system)
4. Household or workplace equipment hard to use
6. Sidewalks and curbs
8. Attitudes of other people
9. Policies (rental policies, eligibility for services, workplace rules)
10. Other barriers
Thinking of SCHOOL, UNIVERSITY, OR CONTINUING EDICATION, do problems with any of these things on the list NOW limit or prevent you from getting training or going to school?
(1) Yes (DIS.080)
(2) No (DIS.100)
(3) Do not attend school/training for other reasons (DIS.100)
(7) Refused (DIS.100)
(9) Don't know (DIS.100)