Codes and Frequencies
For sample adults ages 18 and over who have never been tested for HIV, ATNOUSELES reports if the person was not tested for HIV because the respondent doesn't believe that anything can be done even if she/he tests positive for the AIDS virus infection.
In 1994 and 1995, the original NHIS response categories included "mentioned", "not mentioned", and "had no particular reason". Persons who responded that they had no particular reason are included among the "not mentioned" responses in the integrated IPUMS NHIS variable.
There are no comparability issues. Changes in survey design (e.g. quarters or subsamples) affect raw frequencies but do not affect comparability between samples. As always, data users should apply prescribed IHIS weights. Otherwise there are no comparability issues.
- 1991: Sample adults age 18+ who have never been tested for HIV.
- 1992: Half of sample persons age 18+ who have never been tested for HIV.
- 1994-1995: Half of sample persons age 18+ (excluded from Y2K supplement) sample adults age 18+ who have never been tested for HIV.
- 1997-1999: Sample adults age 18+ who have never been tested for HIV.
- 1991-1992, 1994-1995, 1997-1999