Codes and Frequencies
For sample persons age 18 and older in 1988, 1989 and 1993, and, in 1987, sample persons age 18 and older who reported when they last saw, heard, or read something about AIDS or ever heard of AIDS, AIDMONOG indicates how effective the person thinks two people who do not have the AIDS virus having sex only with each other is as a method to prevent getting the AIDS virus through sexual activities.
This variable is part of the NHIS supplement on AIDS knowledge and attitudes. For related variables, please use the IPUMS NHIS search function and drop-down menus.
- 1987: Sample persons age 18+ in quarter 3 (5th week) and quarter 4 who reported when they last saw, heard, or read something about AIDS or who ever heard of AIDS.
- 1988: Sample persons age 18+ in quarters 2 through 4.
- 1989: Sample persons greater than or equal to 18 years of age.
- 1993: Half of sample persons greater than or equal to 18 years of age in quarters 3 and 4 (excluded from Y2K supplement).
- 1987-1989, 1993
- 1987-1989, 1993 : SUPP1WT