Codes and Frequencies
For sample adults who had ever used yoga (YTQYOGAEV) but did not use it during the past 12 months (YTQYOGYR), YTQNOSIDE identifies those who responded, "I had side effects last time" when asked, "Please tell me the reasons why you have not used yoga in the past 12 months." Respondents could supply more than one reason for not using yoga in the past year.
Other reasons for never using yoga are recorded in the following variables:
- YTQNOCOST (Too expensive)
- YTQNOHC (HC worker said not to)
- YTQNONEED (Not needed)
- YTQNOPROOF (Not proven to work)
- YTQNOTHINK (Not think of it)
- YTQNOWORK (Not work before)
- YTQNOREAS (No reason)
- YTQNOOTH (Some other reason)
Although 16 alternative health modalities were covered in the 2007 alternative health supplement, only in the case of acupuncture, chiropractic and osteopathic manipulation (see COMNOCOST), meditation (see RELNOCOST), and yoga (see YTQNOCOST) were survey participants who had ever used a method questioned about why they had not used it in the past 12 months.
For more information about the full range of variables related yoga, including definitions, see YTQYOGYR.
- 2007: Sample adults age 18+ who have not practiced yoga during the past 12 months.
- 2007 : SAMPWEIGHT