Codes and Frequencies
For sample respondents age 18 and over, and all persons in 1991, who indicated they lived in home where someone smoked (SMOKEHOME =2), this variable indicates on average how many days per week someone smokes cigarettes, cigars, or pipes anywhere inside home the respondent's home.
The question wording changed between 1998 and 2000 forward. From 1991 to 1998, the question asked, "On the average, about how many days per week is there smoking anywhere inside this home?" In 2000, respondents were asked specifically about the number of days someone smoked in the past week.
- 1991: Persons who live in a home where someone smokes.
- 1992: Half of sample persons age 18+ in quarters 1 and 2, and in 2 weeks of quarter 3 (excluded from CAEP supplement).
- 1993: Half of sample persons age 18+ in quarters 3 and 4 (excluded from AIDS supplement) who live in a home where someone smokes.
- 1998: Sample adults age 18+ who live in a home where someone smokes.
- 2000: Sample adults age 18+.
- 1991-1993, 1998, 2000