Codes and Frequencies
SKNUMBFACE reports responses to a question about whether "[s]udden numbness or weakness of face, arm, or leg, especially on one side" is a symptom "that someone may be having a stroke." Interviewers read a list of symptoms and asked respondents to answer "yes" or "no" to whether each was a symptom of a stroke. These symptoms included (besides SKNUMBFACE):
- Sudden confusion or trouble speaking (SKCONFUSE)
- Sudden trouble seeing in one or both eyes (SKSEEING)
- Sudden trouble walking, dizziness, or loss of balance (SKWALKING)
- Sudden severe headache with no known cause (SKHEADACHE)
The Mayo Clinic website mentions all of the symptoms listed above as signs and symptoms of stroke.
- 2001; 2009; 2014; 2017: Sample adults age 18+.
- 2001, 2009, 2014, 2017
- 2001, 2009, 2014, 2017 : SAMPWEIGHT