Codes and Frequencies
For sample adults who had seen a practitioner for naturopathy during the past 12 months (NATYR) and had used naturopathy for a specific health problem or condition (NATTREAT), NATUSINTER indicates whether they had used naturopathy because "you thought it would be interesting to try."
Other reasons for using naturopathy that were recorded by the survey, and the associated IPUMS NHIS variables, are:
- NATUSHCREC (Health care provider recommended)
- NATUSENERGY (Enhanced energy)
- NATUSWELL (General wellness)
- NATUSMEDCOST (Medical treatments expensive)
- NATUSMEDFAIL (Medical treatment not help)
- NATUSCOMBO (Helps combined w. conventional med)
- NATUSIMMUN (Improved immune function)
- NATUSRELREC (Family or friends recommended)
For information about the full range of variables related to naturopathy, including definitions, see NATYR.
- 2002: Sample adults age 18+ who have seen a practitioner for naturopathy during the past 12 months and have used naturopathy for a specific helth problem or condition.
- 2002 : SAMPWEIGHT