Codes and Frequencies
For sample adults who had received over-the-counter medications (NATNPMED) for the condition they used naturopathy for the most (NATTCONMOST), NATNPMEDTIM indicates whether they received non-prescription medications before, at about the same time, or after trying naturopathy.
Similar information was collected on the use of other conventional medical treatments, and the timing of those conventional treatments, in the following variables:
- Received mental health counseling (NATCOUN)
- Timing of mental health counseling (NATCOUNTIM
- Received prescription medications (NATPMED)
- Timing of prescription medications (NATPMEDTIM
- Received physical therapy (NATPT)
- Timing of physical therapy (NATPTTIM
- Received surgery (NATSURG)
- Timing of surgery (NATSURGTIM
To collect this information, interviewers asked, "Did you receive any of these conventional medical treatments for [condition for which naturopathy was used the most]?" and entered all treatments reported by the respondent. For each treatment reported, interviewers asked whether such treatment was received before, at about the same time, or after trying naturopathy.
For more information about the full range of variables related to naturopathy, including definitions, see NATYR.
- 2007: Sample adults age 18+ who have received over-the-counter medications for the condition they used naturopathy for the most.
- 2007 : SAMPWEIGHT