MAMLNMO is a 3-digit-numeric variable.
000: Less than 1 month
900: 900+ months
901: Less than 3 months ago (exact unknown)
902: 3 months to under 1 year (unknown number)
903: Less than 1 year (unknown number)
904: 1-3 years ago (unknown number)
905: 3+ years ago (unknown number)
906: Less than 3 years ago (unknown number)
907: Over 3 years ago (unknown number)
908: 3-5 years ago (unknown number)
909: 5+ years ago (unknown number)
996: Not in Universe
998: Unknown-not ascertained
999: Unknown-don't know
For female sample persons or sample adults who ever had mammogram, MAMLNMO reports the months since her most recent mammogram.
Please use the IPUMS NHIS drop down menu and search functions for related variables.
Apart from changes in the universe, there are no comparability issues. Changes in survey design (e.g., quarters in which the information was collected) may affect raw frequencies, but do not affect comparability of the variable. As always, data users should use the prescribed IHIS weights.
- 1987: Female sample adults age 40+ who have ever heard of a mammogram and have had a mammogram.
- 1990: Female sample persons age 35+ who ever had a mammogram.
- 1992: Half of sample persons in quarters 1 and 2, and in 2 weeks of quarter 3 (excluded from CAEP supplement) who are female, age 30+, and have heard of a mammogram and have had a mammogram.
- 2000; 2003: Female sample adults age 30+ who ever had mammogram.
- 1987, 1990, 1992, 2000, 2003
- 1987, 1990, 1992, 2000, 2003 : SAMPWEIGHT