Codes and Frequencies
For sample female adults, HORMONER reports whether the respondent is currently taking hormone replacement therapy (HRT).
HORMONER was first introduced in 2000.
Changes in the universe reduce comparability over time. In 2000, this question was asked of all sample female adults age 40 and older. In 2005, 2010, and 2015, it was asked of female sample adults age 30 and older. In 2008, it was asked of female sample adults age 40 and older who had ever taken hormone replacement therapy.
In addition, there are slight changes in question wording that reduce comparability over time. In 2008, respondents were specifically asked if they are taking hormone replacement therapy for menopause, but menopause was not mentioned in the question for other years. Researchers should use caution when making comparisons across years.
- 2000: Female sample adults age 40+.
- 2005; 2010; 2015: Female sample adults age 30+.
- 2008: Female sample adults age 40+ who have ever taken hormone replacement therapy or HRT.
- 2000, 2005, 2008, 2010, 2015
- 2000, 2005, 2008, 2010, 2015 : SAMPWEIGHT