Codes and Frequencies
For sample adults who had used homeopathic treatment during the past 12 months (HOMYR) and had used homeopathic treatment for a specific health problem or condition (HOMTREAT), HOMUSINTER indicates whether they had used homeopathic treatment because "you thought it would be interesting to try."
Other reasons for using homeopathic treatment that were recorded by the survey, and the associated IPUMS NHIS variables, are:
- HOMUSHCREC (Health care provider recommended)
- HOMUSENERGY (Enhanced energy)
- HOMUSIMMUN (Improved immune function)
- HOMUSMEDCOST (Medical treatments expensive)
- HOMUSMEDFAIL (Medical treatment not help)
- HOMUSCOMBO (Helps combined w. conventional med)
- HOMUSRELREC (Friends or family recommended)
- HOMUSWELL (General wellness)
For information about the full range of variables related to homeopathic treatment, including definitions, see HOMYR.
- 2002: Sample adults age 18+ who have used homeopathic treatment during the past 12 months and have used homeopathic treatment for a specific health problem or condition.
- 2002 : SAMPWEIGHT