Codes and Frequencies
For sample adults who had received physical therapy (FOKPT) for the condition they saw a traditional healer for the most (FOKTCONMOST), FOKPTTIM indicates whether they received physical therapy before, at about the same time, or after seeing a traditional healer.
Similar information was collected on the use of other conventional medical treatments, and the timing of those conventional treatments, in the following variables:
- Received mental health counseling (FOKCOUN)
- Timing of mental health counseling (FOKCOUNTIM
- Received prescription medications (FOKPMED)
- Timing of prescription medications (FOKPMEDTIM
- Received over-the-counter medications (FOKNPMED)
- Timing of over-the-counter medications (FOKNPMEDTIM
- Received surgery (FOKSURG)
- Timing of surgery (FOKSURGTIM
To collect this information, interviewers asked, "Did you receive any of these conventional medical treatments for [condition for which a traditional healer was seen the most]?" and entered all treatments reported by the respondent. For each treatment reported, interviewers asked whether such treatment was received before, at about the same time, or after seeing a traditional healer.
For more information about the full range of variables related to traditional healers, including definitions, see FOKYR.
- 2007: Sample adults age 18+ who received physical therapy for the condition they saw a traditional healer for the most.
- 2007 : SAMPWEIGHT