Codes and Frequencies
For sample persons ages 40 and over who have heard of and had a digital rectal exam, DRXEVYHLTH reports whether the respondent has ever had a digital rectal exam because of a health problem.
Persons who have had digital rectal exams because of health problems were asked follow-up questions to identify the nature of the health problem that led to the exam:
- Bleeding (DRXEVYBLD);
- Blood in stool (DRXEVYBS);
- Bowel trouble (DRXEVYBT);
- Constipation (DRXEVYCON);
- Diverticulitis (DRXEVYDIV);
- Hemorrhoids (DRXEVYHEM).
- Pain (DRXEVYPAIN).
- Prostate enlargement (DRXEVYPROS).
- Difficulty urinating (DRXEVYURI).
- An unrelated medical condition (DRXEVYUNMD).
- Some other health problem (DRXEVYOTH).
- 1987: Half of sample persons age 40+ (excluded from CAEP supplement) who have heard of a digital rectal exam and have had exam.
- 1987 : SAMPWEIGHT