Codes and Frequencies
For sample adults who had seen a practitioner for chiropractic care for a specific health problem or condition during the past 12 months (COMYR, COMTREAT), COMUSINTER indicates whether they had used chiropractic care because "you thought it would be interesting to try."
Other reasons for using chiropractic care that were recorded by the survey, and the associated IPUMS NHIS variables, are:
- COMUSHCREC (Health care provider recommended)
- COMUSENERGY (Enhanced energy)
- COMUSIMMUN (Improved immune function)
- COMUSMEDCOST (Medical treatments expensive)
- COMUSMEDFAIL (Medical treatment not help)
- COMUSCOMBO (Helps combined w. conventional med)
- COMUSRELREC (Friends or family recommended)
- COMUSWELL (General wellness)
For information about the full range of variables related to chiropractic care, including definitions, see COMYR.
- 2002: Sample adults age 18+ who have seen a practitioner for chiropractic care during the past 12 months and have used chiropractic care for a specific health problem or condition.
- 2002 : SAMPWEIGHT