Codes and Frequencies
For sample adults age 40 and over who have never had a home blood stool test or who have not had a home blood stool test in the past year, this variable reports the most important reason the person did not have a home blood stool test in past year.
Respondents were given a card that listed the following reasons:
- No reason/Never thought about it
- Didn't need it/Didn't know I needed this type of test
- Doctor didn't order it/didn't say I needed it
- Haven't had any problems
- Put it off/Didn't get around to it
- Too expensive/No insurance/Cost
- Too painful, unpleasant, or embarrassing
- Had another type of colorectal exam
- Don't have doctor
- 2000; 2005: Sample adults age 40+ who have never had a home blood stool test or who have not had a home blood stool test in the past year.
- 2000, 2005
- 2000, 2005 : SAMPWEIGHT