Codes and Frequencies
For sample adults, ACTNOWINC indicates whether they are now increasing their physical activity or exercise.
This variable is part of the Diabetes Prevention section and was sponsored by the National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion (NCCDPHP). The Diabetes Prevention section collects information on the following topics:
- MDEXUPADV: Advised to increase exercise, past 12 months
- DIETDYR: Ever told by doctor or health professional to reduce fat or calories in diet, past 12 months
- DIETNOW: Currently reducing the amount of fat or calories in diet
- WTPROGDYR: Ever told by doctor or health professional to participate in weight loss program, past 12 months
- WTPROGNOW: Currently participating in a weight loss program
- 2020: Sample adults age 18+.
- 2020 : SAMPWEIGHT